20 Best Cordless Self Propelled Lawn Mower
Updated on: March 2023
Best Cordless Self Propelled Lawn Mower in 2023
Snapper XD 82V MAX Cordless Electric 21-Inch Self-Propelled Lawn Mower Kit with (2) 2.0 Batteries & (1) Rapid Charger
- Self propelled transmission with variable speed
- Upto 45 minutes run time with the Briggs & Stratton 82V Lithium ion 2.0Ah Battery kit comes with (2) 2Ah Lithium ion batteries and rapid charger
- 21 inches Steel mowing deck with 3 in 1 Design mulch, bag or side discharge grass clippings easily
- Smart, efficient load sensing technology power adjusts to meet the demands of the cutting blades
- Push button start and a single lever, 7 position height of cut adjustment; Rear wheel size:10 inch
Greenworks 16-Inch 40V Cordless Lawn Mower, 4.0 AH Battery Included 25322
- G-MAX 40V 4Ah Li-Ion Battery (Model 29472) powers multiple tools for complete yard work system--includes 1-4Ah Battery and Charger
- Single lever 5-position height adjustment offers cutting height range from 1-1/4 inch to 3-3/8-inch for the best cut in all environments
- 2-in-1 feature offers rear bagging and mulching capability for multiple use. Cuts 400m2 on a single charge. Nice even cut for all grass types
- 16-Inch cutting deck allows you to maneuver through small to medium size yard more efficiently
- 6-inch front wheel and 7-inch rear wheel for easy maneuvering throughout your yard
- This product needs assembly
- Compatible with models 25142 and 25322.
Greenworks 20-Inch 40V Twin Force Cordless Lawn Mower, 4.0 AH & 2.0 AH Batteries Included 25302
- G-max 40 Volts Li-Ion battery system powers multiple tools for complete yard work system--includes one 4 Ampere hour battery and one 2 Ampere hour battery and charger , Voltage - 40 Volts
- 20-inch cutting deck offers a great balance of maneuverability and cutting capacity making it ideal for mid-sized areas. Front Wheels: 7 Inch, Rear Wheels :10 Inch
- Innovative smart cut technology adjusts for power or runtime based on the thickness of your grass. Deck Material - Plastic
- Dual blades offer better cut quality, superior mulching and bagging capabilities; 5 position single lever height adjuster allows for a cutting height range of 1-3/4 inches to 3-3/8 inches
- Kindly review the user manual under technical specification for troubleshooting steps and set up instructions
Greenworks PRO 21-Inch 80V Self-Propelled Cordless Lawn Mower, Battery and Charger Not Included
- Variable speed self propel for easier operation
- Brushless motors are more reliable and delivers gas equivalent performance to a 160cc gas engine
- Smart Cut(TM) Load sensing technology
- 3-in-1 Mulch, rear bag, and side discharge
- 80V 2AH li-ion battery and rapid charger Not Included, compatible battery and charger models GBA80200, GBA80400 and GCH8040
Greenworks 19-Inch 40V Cordless Lawn Mower with Extra Blade, (1) 4Ah (1) 2Ah Batteries and Charger Included 2500502
- 7-position single lever height adjustment offers range from 1-1/4 inch to 3-1/2 inch cut height
- 19-inch steel deck offers with 3-in-1 design offers rear bagging, side discharge and mulching capability
- Includes a 4AH and 2AH 40V Li-Ion Battery and Charger, Compatible with models 29462, 29472 and 29482
- Compatible replacement blade model 29373. One additional blade included
Greenworks LMF403 21-Inch 40V Cordless Brushless Self-Propelled Lawn Mower, 5.0Ah Battery and Charger
- Greenworks 40V brushless mower provides up to 45 minutes run-time with fully charged 5Ah battery. Run-time varies based on grass condition and operator technique
- Durable 21" steel deck allows you to handle large areas of grass quickly and easily. Brushless motor provides more torque, quiet operation, and longer life
- Self-propelled rear wheel drive can be easily adjusted to your stride
- Dual battery port design enables one battery to be stored while the other fuels the mower, saving you a trip to the garage. 7 position single lever height adjustment for quick and easy adjustments
- 3-In-1 design allows you to mulch, rear bag, or side discharge your grass clippings. Use up to 70% less space in your garage with the vertical storage feature
Greenworks 21-Inch 40V Self-Propelled Cordless Lawn Mower, Battery Not Included MO40L02
- Self- Propelled Drive System
- Durable 21'' Steel Deck
- Added battery storage compartment allows you to carry an extra battery to extend runtime
- 3-in-1 cutting deck with Side Discharge, Mulching, and Bagging capabilities
- Single lever height adjustment with 7 settings ranging from 1-3/8'' to 3-3/4''
Snapper HD 48V MAX Cordless Electric Self-Propelled 20-Inch Lawn Mower Kit with (1) 5.0 Battery and (1) Rapid Charger
- Up to 60-minute run time with the Briggs & Stratton 48V MAX 5.0 Lithium-ion Battery under light loads*. Kit includes 1 lithium-ion battery and 1 rapid charger
- 20-Inch Steel mowing deck with 3-in-1 design to mulch, bag, or side-discharge grass clippings with ease
- Intelligent load-sensing technology allows for optimum power levels while you mow for maximum efficiency
- Single lever, 7 position height-of-cut adjustment for ideal lawn height
- Vertical storage capability to easily store and save space in your garage or shed
EGO Power+ LM2000-S 20-Inch 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Walk Behind Lawn Mower - Battery and Charger Not Included
- Compatible with all EGO power+ arc lithium batteries
- 20 in. cut capacity
- Weather-resistant construction
- 3-in-1: mulching/bagging/side discharge
- Folds easily for compact storage
Sun Joe iON16LM 40-Volt 16-Inch Brushless Cordless Lawn Mower, Kit (w/4.0-Ah Battery + Quick Charger), ION16LM
- No pull cords, gas, oil, tune-ups, carbon emissions or tangled extension cords
- Powerful brushless motor increases battery efficiency, maximizes motor performance, decreases noise and vibration and extends motor life
- Compact design ideal for small to mid-sized lawns. Cutting options - Bag and discharge chute
- 6-position height adjustment lever tailors grass cutting height from 1.18 to 3.15 Inch
- ETL approved; Energy Star certified.Deck Material:ABS Plastic
Greenworks 20-Inch 3-in-1 12 Amp Electric Corded Lawn Mower 25022
- Durable 20-Inch Steel Deck
- Powerful 12 Amp Motor
- 3-In-1 (Mulching, Side Discharge, and Rear Bag)
- 7-position height adjustment offers a range of cutting height from 1-1/2 to 3-3/4 inches for all grass types
- Push Button Start. Drive system: manual
- Foldable Handles For Compact Storage
- 10-Inch Rear / 7-Inch Front Wheels
- 4-Year Tool Warranty Protects Your Investment
- Extension Cord Not Included
Yard Force Lithium-Ion 22â€ Self-Propelled 3-in-1 Mower with Torque-Sense Control - 2 Batteries & Fast Charger included
- POWERFUL, RELIABLE PERFORMANCE + 5-YEAR WARRANTY: The 120vRX brushless motor has the torque of a gas engine to cut through all grass types and conditions with up to 100 minutes of runtime on a single charge with two batteries installed. Dual battery ports operate either battery when two are installed. When one is completely discharged, the sensor powers the other battery to keep you going. The mower operates with only one battery installed if you need to charge the other battery while cutting.
- TORQUE-SENSE TECHNOLOGY: Sensors built in to the motor receive feedback while you are cutting and sense when more power is needed for thick, dense or wet grass to increase the blade speed for a premium cut. This gives you power when you need it and saves energy when you don’t to extend the runtime even longer.
- SELF-PROPELLED / SPEED ADJUSTABLE DRIVE: Step up to self-propelled power drive with a simple control lever on the handle to reduce effort and achieve a perfect cut every time! Adjust the speed with the touch of a lever at your fingertips. Self-propelled drive is essential for yards with hills and slopes of all degrees to maintain a consistent cut and is safer by providing more control during operation.
- 3-in-1 DECK ADAPTS TO YOUR NEEDS: The 22” steel deck converts from rear-bagging to mulching to side discharge quickly and easily. Vortex tunnel design transfers clippings into the bag to achieve +95% capacity to extend time between emptying the bag. The hybrid bag design is easier to remove and empty.
- COMPLETE KIT INCLUDES 2 BATTERIES: This is a complete mower kit including (2) 120vRX high-capacity 2.5 Ah batteries, (1) 4 Amp fast charger and the 22” self-propelled mower with steel deck including everything needed to bag, mulch or side discharge while cutting.
BLACK+DECKER CM2043C Cordless Mower
- Two 40V max Lithium ion batteries are included for twice the runtime
- Mulching, bagging and side discharge of grass clippings gives you 3-in-1 versatility
- Mow right up to edges and spend less time trimming thanks to the edgemax design
- One lever adjusts the cutting Height anywhere from 1-1/2 in. To 4 in., without tools
- 3 Year limited Warranty.Ideal for mowing lawns up to 1/4 acre
- Included Components: (1) CM2043 Cordless Mower, (2) LBX2040, (1) 40V MAX* Charger; Power Source: Battery
CRAFTSMAN M215 159cc 21-Inch 3-in-1 High-Wheeled FWD Self-Propelled Gas Powered Lawn Mower with Bagger
- POWERFUL 159CC OHV GAS ENGINE: Powerful gas engine comes equipped with recoil and auto choke. No more fussing with a primer or choke - just pull to start!
- 3-IN-1 CAPABILITIES: Unit has side discharge, rear discharge, and mulching capabilities.
- FRONT WHEEL DRIVE: Tip-up, turn, and maneuver around level terrain with ease.
- SELF PROPELLED AND VARIABLE SPEED: Move around your yard with less effort and the propulsion speed of your choice.
- DUAL-LEVER ADJUSTABLE CUTTING HEIGHT: Choose from 6 different height settings to suit user’s needs.
- 11-INCH REAR TIRES: Zag tread tires on unit measure 8 inches in the front and 11 inches on the rear to tackle uneven terrain.
Ryobi. 20" RY40190 40-Volt Brushless Lithium-Ion Cordless Battery Self Propelled Lawn Mower with 5.0 Ah Battery and Charger Included
Sun Joe MJ403E Mow Joe 17-Inch 13-Amp Electric Lawn Mower/Mulcher
- POWERFUL: 13-amp motor cuts a 17-inch wide path
- HEIGHT CONTROL: Tailor cutting Height with 7-position Height control
- CONVERTIBLE: Mulching + mowing function. Size of Yard - 1/4 - 1/2 Acre. No Load Speed (rpm)- 3500
- GRASS COLLECTOR: Detachable grass collection bag for easy disposal
- WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED!: Your new lawn mower is backed by the Snow Joe + Sun Joe Customer Promise. We will warrant new, powered products for two years from the date of purchase. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Contact Snow Joe + Sun Joe customer support at 1-866-766-9563 for further assistance.
WORX WG779 40V Power Share 4.0 Ah 14" Lawn Mower w/ Mulching & Intellicut (2x20V Batteries)
- Dual 20V power share batteries deliver 40V of maximum power and performance
- Patented intellicut technology delivers power on demand save your battery for when you really need it
- Foam padded handles provides a comfortable grip for reduced fatigue while cutting
- Single lever adjustment lets you select between (3) cutting heights; Mows up to 5,500 square feet on a single charge
- Includes dual port charger with battery power level indicators
Greenworks 19-Inch 40V Cordless Lawn Mower, 4.0 AH & 2.0 AH Batteries Included 25223
- G-MAX 40V Li-Ion Battery System powers multiple tools for complete yard work system--includes 2 Batteries and a Charger
- 19-Inch steel cutting deck for faster more efficient results and highest performance when mulching and rear bagging
- Single lever 7-position height adjustment offers cutting height ranging from 1-1/8-Inch to 3-Inch and electric start
- 3-in-1 feature offers versatile options with rear bagging, mulching and side discharge capabilities for multiple use
- Large 10-inch rear wheels and 7-inch front wheels for easy control and maneuvering
WORX WG958 14-inch 40V (4.0AH) WG779 Cordless Lawn Mower and WG547.9 Power Share Cordless Turbine Blower
- Includes (2) 20V 4.0Ah Li-ion batteries for extended run time
- 14" Cordless Mower and TURBINE Cordless Blower
- Mower features patented Intellicut which provides additional torque on demand and the ability to conserve battery when desired
- Powerful blower is compact and lightweight and produces up to 360cfm of air volume to tackle any job
- Part of the WORX Power Share family, Share Batteries Save Money
Scotts Outdoor Power Tools 60362S 21-Inch 62-Volt Cordless Self-Propelled Lawn Mower, LED Lights, Batteries, (1) 4Ah, (1) 2.5Ah Batteries & Charger Included
- Powered by 62-Volt Lithium-Ion battery; Includes (1) 62-Volt 4.0 Ah and (1) 62-Volt 2.5 Ah batteries and fast charger; Powerful brushless motor for gas-like power, increased efficiency and run-time
- Self-propelled with variable speed control; 21" cutting width with durable steel deck; LED headlights for cutting your lawn at any time of day; Adjustable cutting height of 1.5"-3.75"
- 3-in-1 functionality provides a mulching, side discharge, and rear-bagging system; Grass catcher with plastic top and handle and 16 Gal bag capacity
- Easy-to-use steel telescoping, folding handle with quick-fold capabilities for convenient vertical storage; Steel tube front guard and lift handle
- Clean alternative to gas-powered lawn mowers; Battery compatible with all Scotts 62-Volt Lithium-Ion products
How to Install an Ammeter in the Black & Decker CMM1200 Cordless Electric Mower
Measuring the current draw of your Black & Decker CMM1200 cordless mower will help you optimize the cutting power and lead to faster lawn mowing times. Of course it looks real cool as well.
Why Should I Install An Ammeter On My Electric Mower?
When you drive a car, you keep track of your fuel consumption by monitoring the miles per gallon (MPG). With electric motors, the standard measure of power consumption is with an ammeter. The ammeter monitors the amount of current flowing through the wires in your electrical circuit.
Before you begin this project take extreme caution with all the wires. I recommend disconnecting one of the batteries so that you will not run a risk of turning on the electric mower. Contrary to popular belief, a healthy person without any heart conditions or electric implants cannot be harmed by 24 VDC. My concern is the mower accidentally turning on while you are moving the wires around inside.
Remove The Black Plastic Top Cover
Use a long, flat head screw driver with a narrow tip to remove the four bolts holding down the top black plastic top cover of the CMM1200 mower. The screws are going to be a little hard to remove because the bolt is designed for use with a special tool. Since none of us have that tool, you have to make do with a long, small tipped, flat head screwdriver. Once you have the four bolts removed, put them in a spare coffee cup so that you will not lose them.
Cut The Black Lead Going Into The 24 Volt DC Electric Motor
For many of you, this will be your first time interacting with a 24VDC, high torque, electric motor. The frame of the motor is over six inches tall and solid steel. The armature is enveloped with heavy gauge, solid copper, baked enamel wire for an imposing and powerful look. As a result, pulling 50 amps of power with this metal behemoth should be no surprise.
The black lead going into the electric motor is called the negative pole. The only important rule with measuring current is to find the direction of the flow of power, not the polarity, which is why I can install the ammeter on the negative lead. Prepare both newly cut leads by removing 1 inch of insulation. You should exercise extreme care while doing this because you do not want to cut any of the stranded copper. Every piece of copper that you remove, while cutting the insulation off the wire, will further reduce the power available to the high amperage, electric motor.
Heavy Gauge Wire Is Critical To Accurately Monitoring Current And Running The Mower
Let's not forget that we have just cut the negative power feed for the cordless electric mower! If you wish to keep your lawn machine operating at peak efficiency then you have to use at least 8 AWG, stranded core wire for the leads running to and from the new ammeter.
Placement Of The 50 Amp Ammeter On The Black Plastic Top Cover
A gap of 3" exists between the batteries and the bottom of the cover so you will have more than enough room to sink the ammeter with its attached wiring. Pick a location on the cover so that you will have one inch or margin between the back of the cover and the bottom of the ammeter face. Now, draw out the hole that you will have to cut to sink the ammeter into the top of the cover. Use a Dremel tool or similar cutting device to cut a hole in the black plastic cover. Once complete, drill holes to accommodate the anchoring bolts and attach the needed bolts. Make sure the dial faces the handle of the lawn mower so that you can watch it while mowing. Finally, I used some black silicone sealant to create an air tight seal for the guage itself. I did not want any dust to get inside and ruin the delicate mechanical parts inside.
Finishing All The Wiring And Testing Before Sealing The Top Cover
Get your soldering iron out and connect 3ft of 8 AWG cabling to each of the cut leads from the motor. Now use some ring connectors to create a smooth, soldered, oxidation free, high amperage terminal for the end of both of the wires. You will now simple bolt these to the back of the ammeter.
Before you put the black plastic cover back into position, turn on the cordless electric lawn mower first to ensure that the wiring is terminated in the correct position. You will know it is working if the needle on the ammeter hovers around 8 - 15 amps when resting on a sidewalk or similar concrete surface. If the needle jumps below 0 amps when you turn on the mower then you should switch the two leads on the back of the ammeter. Once you are sure it works, pull those screws out of the coffee cup and carefully place the cover back into position. I pushed the ammeter wiring to the left side of the battery bank since this area has no existing wires.
As you can see from the photos provided with this article, the ammeter looks like it came with the Black amp; Decker CMM1200 cordless electric lawn mower. As soon as you turn it on, the gauge sweeps over to 50 amps and then swings back to 12 amps of consumption. I got sustained 40 to 45 amp readings while I pushed the mower through thick grass in the yard.
After mowing the yard once with the ammeter installed, I quickly realized that I was pulling more than 50 amps of power once the batteries started running down. The control handle of the mower gave out a month ago and I can now see why this happened. Reduced voltage from the batteries lead to increased amperage pull from the motor which drives the switch circuitry far beyond what the factory electronics can deliver. The increased amperage drain also heated up the electronics in the control handle of the mower which degraded its ability to perform reliably the next time I mowed my lawn.
Summary; Conclusions Drawn From Three Years Of Using The CMM1200
So far my most frustrating problem with the cordless mower is that I was not able to get my batteries charged with enough power because of the failing circuitry in the handle. As the switches in the handle lost their ability to make solid contact, the batteries no longer got a solid charge and the motor itself could not get enough power to cut grass. Ever since I replaced the jumble of wires with a single 40 amp, double pole, switch the mower has been able chew through the grass in my yard with ease. All thanks to what I learned from installing this ammeter.
I never knew that I was pulling 50 amps of 24VDC power with this cordless electric lawn mower while working in the yard. All of my work shows that we still have a long way to go before gasoline engines can be cleanly replaced with electric motors. Still today, we do have options and I intend on getting the most out of these green machines, one step at a time.
If you enjoyed reading this article, consider reading my series on solar power and renewable energy options:
The Westinghouse Solar Light is Just $3 but Lasts for Years in Your Yard